Fibre reinforced concrete (FRC) has been in use for last 40 years. Annually 50 million cubic meter of FRC is produced.
Advantages of FRC:
- Provides a 3D reinforcement.
- Prevents shrinkage cracking.
- No hairy concrete – a smooth finish.
- Resist explosive spalling of concrete exposed to fire.
- Effective replacement for steel mesh in slab on grade.
- Reduce water penetration in concrete.
- Increases the long term abrasion and impact resistance of the concrete.
Application of FRC:
- Concrete roads & hard standing.
- Underground & multi-story car park.
- Bridge deck.
- Jersey Car barrier.
- Sea defense structure.
- Shotcrete and pre-cast panels for Tunnels.