To raise awareness for International Geosynthetic Society, IGS-PK gave presentations followed by group discussion at NESPAK (National Engineering Services) (Pvt) Karachi office.
The topic of the presentations included introduction to IGS and application of geotextile in road construction built in soft clay and sandy soils. Traditional solutions were technically and financially compared with modern solution using geosynthetics.
Participants in the presentations included the following:
- Ms. Arooj M. Ahmed, Senior Geotechnical Engineer.
- Mr. Syed Munawwar Abbas, Chief Engineer (Geotechnical).
- Engr. Sajjad Anwar Khan, General Manager.
- Mr. Nauman Ahmed, Principal Geologist.
- Mr. Shams u Zaman, Senior Engineer.
- Mr. Muhammad Adnan, Senior Engineer.
- Ms. Mavra Rizvi, Junior Engineer.
- Mr. Ali Javaid, Junior Engineer.
- Mr. Faisal Karim Khan, Junior Engineer.