As part of IGS-PK initiative to raise the awareness of geosynthetics, the first seminar/ discussion group meeting was held at EA consult head office in Karachi.
The topic of the seminar was related to road construction in soft clay and sandy soils. Traditional solutions were technically and financially compared with modern solution using geosynthetics.
The meeting was attended by:
- Mr. Tanveer Ahmed, Director Design Highways
- Mr. Muhammad Siddiq Sulemani, Deputy Head (Highways)
- Engr. S.M. Tayyab, Principal Engineer
- Mr. S. Afzal Wahid, Principal Engineer
- Mr. Samrat Hussain, Highway Engineer
- Mr. Taimoor Zahid, Highway Engineer
- Mr. Atif Naeem Baig, Senior Highway Engineer