TYPAR is ideally suited for landscaping applications. Its permeability allows for fast drainage and the passage of air and fertilizers while its tight fiber structure minimizes penetration by weeds and roots and prevents unwanted growth beneath the fabric. Its small opening size prevents piping or erosion of subgrade soils. TYPAR is generally placed over natural soil and covered with a layer of decorative stone, bark or mulch. Weed growth is inhibited in landscaped beds and under decks. Gravel and stone paths retain their structure longer by separating cover materials from subgrade soils.
When roots are a problem particularly in sidewalks, curbs and drainage systems, TYPAR BIOBARRIER® root control system should be used which involves the controlled release of a herbicide from the BIOBARRIER fabric system.
- Allows moisture, fertilizers and air to reach soil for healthy plants
- Reduces weed germination
- Prohibits weed growth beneath fabric
- Prevents uneven settling of patios
- Durable, tear resistant, won’t rot or mildew
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Assures long term minimal maintenance of the landscape