Replaced Welded Wire Mesh (Steel Fabric) by Polypropylene Fibres for Warehouse Flooring.
-The Concrete Society, UK-
Advantages of PP Fibres over welded wire mesh were as following:
- No site costs for laying or moving fabric.
- No storing, lifting or hoisting of fabric on-site, thus no reducing cash flow for large quantities of fabric, which may be on-site for weeks before being used.
- No fabric to be removed from site or part load charges for extra sheets being required.
- No corrosion, damage or theft of fabric from site.
- No cutting of fabric or trip hazards reducing site health and safety risk assessments.
- No third-party accidents or liability.
- No cost for chairs or tie wire.
- Easier, quicker and simpler concrete pour sequences without fabric.
- Lower carbon footprint using macro polypropylene fibres rather than steel fabric.
- No issues with having steel fabric incorrectly placed within the concrete or moved by trucks or pump hoses during the construction sequence.
- Potential cost saving on materials.