Various tests were performed in laboratory on properties of concrete and remarkable increase in properties of concrete was observed.
- Flexure Strength (70% increase)
- Compressive strength (45% increase)
- Tensile strength (61% increase)
- Silica fumes in concrete helped it to become more dense and durable
- The fibres are found to be an excellent material for enhancement of flexibility, a property which it induces into the concrete member soon after it comes in contact. It develops a strong matrix holding the concrete elements intact
- The beauty with which the polypropylene fibre inhibited the development of cracks in FC Mix wall after explosion was most sought for, followed by a remarkable increase in flexural strength and ductility of concrete
- The FC Mix wall was more flexible and it showed an increased value of deflection compared to that of a PC mix wall which indicates its safe and long-lasting use even after such loading
- PP Fibres and silica fumes help to enhance such properties which helps concrete to withstand explosives effectively
- Its use in blast resistant structures can be very effective and useful, which can withstand fire, impact, and shutter forces.
Acknowledgement: National University of Sciences & Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan