Water reservoir are subject to unique challenges including cyclic stress fatigue during regular filling / emptying. Unlike plain brittle concrete, fibre reinforced concrete provides flexure fatigue resistance and residual strength.
- Plastic Shrinkage Cracks: Duracrete polypropylene fibre added to fresh concrete provides protection against shrinkage cracking up to approximately 80%.
- Groundwater Penetration: Reduction in surface cracks improves concrete’s resistance to water penetration by approximately 60%.
- Secondary Reinforcement: Duracrete fibre provides three-dimensional and lasting reinforcement that does not rust.
- Flexural Fatigue: FRC-fibre reinforced concrete improves toughness, shear resistance and fatigue endurance. Flexural properties of FRC increase up to 30%.
- Corrosion Protection: Duracrete fibre concrete cover decreases water permeability, which will help decrease corrosion of steel rebar.