Duracrete Polypropylene Fiber or equivalent concrete reinforcing: Concrete shall be treated with Duracrete polypropylene synthetic reinforcing fibers or equivalent when indicated on the drawings or as otherwise specified by the Architect/Consultant in accordance with the fiber manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Synthetic reinforcing fibers shall be manufactured from virgin polypropylene.
- The recommended dosage is 2.7 kg per cubic meter (6 lb per cubic yard) of concrete, depending upon the nature of work (450 gm / 50 kg cement bag).
- Fiber supplier shall provide polypropylene fiber in pre-portioned packet for each batch of concrete mix.
- Fiber supplier shall provide technical assistance, if required.
- All fibers must meet or exceed the standards and specifications set forth in ACI 544, Fiber Reinforced Concrete. The fibre should be manufactured from 100% virgin homopolymer to meet PS-5266/ASTM C-1116.
- Listed below are the minimum properties of the polypropylene fibers for use. All fibers must meet or exceed the characteristics described in ACI-544, IR, table 1.1, Fiber Reinforced Concrete.
- Tensile Strength of granule: 4500 to 6000 psi
- Tensile Strength of Polypropylene fibre: 45,000 to 60,000 psi
- Elongation at break: 12%
- Fiber: 100% Fibrillated Polypropylene
- Lengths: 25/13 mm
- Absorption: Nil
- Specific gravity: 0.9
- Ignition point: 593 °C
- Melting point: 160-170 °C
- Heat & UV stabilization: Long term
- Thermal conductivity: Low
- Electrical conductivity: Low
- Salt resistance: High
- Acid resistance: High
- Alkali resistance: 100% (alkali proof)
The information given in this publication is based on the present state of our knowledge. Any conclusions and recommendations are made without liability on our part. Buyers and users should make their own assessment of our products under their own conditions and for their own requirements